Youth Program Coordinator
The Guinn Center is a nonprofit (501c3), independent (bipartisan) policy center based in Nevada. The Guinn Center is looking for a Youth Program Coordinator to lead our Building Blocks project, which leverages existing efforts among youth in Nevada to build youth boards and improve social service systems that address the needs of youth.
This project, Building Blocks, has four objectives:
- Connect existing youth (engagement programs) in Nevada and establish a network of youth leaders.
- Build stronger connections between service providers and youth end users to improve specific health outcomes. These are: (1) Decrease in teen homelessness, (2) Decrease in teen suicide rate, (3) Increased access to mental health services, and (4) Decrease in rate of uninsured youth.
- Build youth leadership (with a focus on health and/or social determinants of health), and
- Strengthen youth representation on existing public and private boards and projects, especially those that are related to health and/or social determinants of health.
The Youth Program Coordinator will be responsible to perform a variety of duties related to the oversight, development, and coordination of youth outreach and education programs.
To Apply: send resume and cover letter stating your interest in this position. The cover letter should also answer two questions: (1) What ideas do you have to engage youth in civic engagement activities? (2) What 2 community issues are most important to you. Please provide TWO references.
Send application to: email@example.com. Subject line: Project Youth Coordinator.
- Develop, organize, and implement outreach efforts for youth across Nevada including tribal communities
- Provide support to youth
- Help manage programmatic aspects of Building Blocks including managing stipends, tracking participation, scheduling meetings
- Develop specialized programming and civic engagement activities for youth across Nevada
- Share information with youth about health-related policies
- Administer surveys to youth and help collect data and help create videos/manage social media
- Coordinate youth engagement activities with other groups across Nevada
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience working experience
- Knowledge of social media (ideally, candidate would have experience making videos/video editing)
- Experience working with young adults (ages 14-24), and some experience planning events
- Organized, attentive to detail, goal-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking
- Self-starter with some experience working in non-profit environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Flexibility for occasional travel (in Nevada), AND Strong oral and written communication skills
Competitive salary. Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit www.guinncenter.org.
See here for PDF. Guinn Center Youth Project Coordinator
The Guinn Center hosts undergraduate and graduate interns throughout the year.
The Guinn Center is looking for interns who can support our research projects and public engagement activities. The successful applicant will be engaged in the following activities:
• Research policy issues (including education, social policy, tax policy, economic development, water)
• Attend legislative hearings during the 2021 Legislative Session and summarize legislative proposals
• Author original blogs and contribute to the Guinn Center’s blogs
• Help organize public engagement events
• Help manage communications strategy and social media, and
• Support senior staff
A successful applicant will:
• Be open-minded (we’re a BIPARTISAN think tank)
• Have excellent writing and communications skills, and be able to meet deadlines
• Have a general understanding of/interest in policy issues affecting Nevada/Intermountain West
• Have previous research, data and/or outreach experience
• Have command of Powerpoint and Excel and feel comfortable creating graphs and charts
• Feel comfortable interpreting numbers/data
• Consider himself/herself highly independent and able to operate in an environment with limited management
Please send a writing sample, a resume, and the names/contact information of three references to Dr. Nancy E. Brune at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone inquiries welcome at 702-916-0746.