The Guinn Center hosts undergraduate and graduate interns throughout the year.
The Guinn Center is looking for interns who can support our research projects and public engagement activities. The successful applicant will be engaged in the following activities:
• Research policy issues (including education, social policy, tax policy, economic development, water)
• Author original blogs and contribute to the Guinn Center’s blogs
• Help organize public engagement events
• Help manage communications strategy and social media, and
• Support senior staff
A successful applicant will:
• Be open-minded (we’re a BIPARTISAN think tank)
• Have excellent writing and communications skills, and be able to meet deadlines
• Have a general understanding of/interest in policy issues affecting Nevada/Intermountain West
• Have previous research, data and/or outreach experience
• Have command of Powerpoint and Excel and feel comfortable creating graphs and charts
• Feel comfortable interpreting numbers/data
• Consider himself/herself highly independent and able to operate in an environment with limited management
Please send a writing sample, a resume, and the names/contact information of three references to Francis Talbot at firstname.lastname@example.org.